Appearing Tuesday at Tulsa’s Brady Theatre, symphonic rockers The Moody Blues are one of the biggest modern acts to emerge from England. But did you know this about “The Magnificent Moodies”?
1. Despite their name, The Moody Blues are Caucasian and even-tempered.
2. Originally, they performed as The Krew Cats.
3. Their biggest hit, “Nights in White Satin,” has charted four separate times within its 40-plus years of existence. The album version is nearly eight minutes long, and was adapted into a 3-D ride at the former Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, S.C. (Furthermore, the song creeps me out.)
4. The 1968 single “Ride My See-Saw” is presumed to be a Pedobear fave, based on title alone.
5. Bassist John Lodge is known for wearing black leather pants in concert. Just sayin’. —Rod Lott