Adult alternative hitmakers The Goo Goo Dolls hit Lucky Star and First Council Casinos on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Yes, they've seen "Better Days," which you can read about below, in our latest WTF installment.
1. The Goos were originally considered a punk band and once played New York City’s iconic punk club CBGB.
2. Somehow, The Goo Goo Dolls released several albums on the Metal Blade label, which also signed GWAR, Slayer and Cannibal Corpse.
3. In addition to writing "Iris" for "City of Angels," the band wrote songs for both "Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare" and "Transformers."
4. Leader John Rzeznik and company helped create a video for the Buffalo Sabres 2007 Playoffs. They also sang at halftime of the 2007 Detroit Lions’ Thanksgiving Day game and before the 2011 NFL Pro Bowl.
5. The WWE used a song of theirs as the theme for "Tribute to the Troops 2008." —Stephen Carradini