Black Label Society — helmed by veteran metal musician and Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde — is just one of many big-name rock acts making its way to Pryor this weekend for Rocklahoma. The four-piece appears at 9:45 p.m. Sunday, between famed addiction rockers Poison and famed addiction rockers Mötley Crüe. (Too bad about that “no powdered substances” policy
1. Zakk Wylde is the stage name for the metal icon, who was born with the decidedly un-metal name of Jeffrey Phillip Wielandt.
2. When deciding on a godfather for his son Jesse, Wylde showed a slight lapse in judgment, selecting Ozzy Osbourne to assume the role.
3. If there is anything Wylde loves as much as metal, it’s hot sauce. He’s got his own line of “Berserker” hot sauce products with Blair’s Sauces and Snacks.
4. Black Label Society has higher turnover than telemarketing. The four-piece has run through eight other members in its 13-year existence.
5. Last year, Wylde guested on fellow Rocklahoma act My Darkest Days’ track “Porn Star Dancing” with Nickelback singer Chad Kroeger and Ludacris, but no porn stars. —Joshua Boydston