Rest assured that country superstar Randy Travis — who plays 8 p.m. May 7 at Lucky Star Casino in Clinton — is going to love you forever and ever, amen. That much, we know.
But did you know this about the man who “Ain’t Made of Stone”?
1. His real last name? Traywick, which sounds more cafeteria than country.
2. He credits his manager, Elizabeth Hatcher, for turning his focus from drugs to ditties. (They married in 1991, despite her being two decades older, only to split last year.)
3. He has only three Grammy awards to his name, yet seven appearances on the TV series "Touched by an Angel." Believe it ... or not?
4. His most believable film performance? Playing himself in the "National Treasure" sequel. (Runner-up? Ummmm, we’re going with Control Room Technician, "Baby Geniuses.")
5. He once shot down tabloid rumors of homosexuality with, "Someone in Nashville is quoted as saying, 'If Randy Travis isn't gay, then my grandmother is Willie Nelson.' The person that made that statement better tell your grandmother to buy a red wig, get a bandana, and learn to sing through her nose." —Rod Lott