Having a singular vision is difficult, especially when it’s so singular that listeners don’t get it.
It’s been a while since I dropped any MP3s on here, so I’ve got a larger-than-usual amount stacked up. Enjoy.
1. “Tokyo” — California Wives. Four dudes, for whatever reason, play crisp pop with just enough dreaminess.
2. “Cannons” — Little Scream. Epic-leaning, female-fronted indie rock.
3. “Bitter Suite (Fear)” — Anti-Social Music. A chamber quartet, a guitarist, a female vocalist and a whole lot of confidence to pull it off.
4. “Easy Peasy” — Ponytail. More happy prog rock!
5. “Random Words” — Some Community. Charming Brazilian indie pop with attitude.
6. “Hot Waves” — We Were the States. Raise your fist and/or your beer, and sing along to this. It’s like The National, only amped up. (pictured)
7. “Begs Me Not to Beg” — Brass Bed. The Beatles plus more distorted guitars.