Here’s all you need to know about outlaw country artist Jackson Taylor:
1. His band is named The Sinners.
2. His album is named “Let the Bad Times Roll.”
3. The tray art features brass knuckles.
4. The album art features a parental advisory sticker, a mess of tattoos and, incorrigibly, a white cowboy hat.
5. The opening stanza of the album, from “Old Henry Rifle,” is: “This ain’t my country anymore / Not the one our granddads killed for / Ut sure don’t feel like the home of the free to me.” Here’s some of the chorus: “I’m tired of choking on the bullshit / And these lies I’ve been horsefed / Yeah, so take your hands out of my pockets / Don’t try to tell me how to live / Well, you’ve taken all you’re gonna take / And I’ve given all I’m gonna give.”
6. The second song (“No Show”) name-checks George Jones in the second line. Whiskey doesn’t make it in till line four. Rascal Flatts gets insulted toward the end of the tune.
7. Each band member has a nickname: The Kid, Sexual Chocolate, Dirty D, Big Texas and Danimal.
8. The road manager gets listed along with the rest of the band (but, it should be noted, without a nickname).
9. Two thank-yous compare men to John Wayne.
10. The band is playing at Graham Central Station