Do you like Norman Music Festival? I like Norman Music Festival. For a lot of reasons. Here are eight, off the top of my head:
1. It’s free.
2. It’s local.
3. I can walk to it.
4. It’ll be the only opportunity my mariachi Elton John cover band, Elton Juan, ever gets to play an attended show.
5. It always features a butt-ton
of my favorite local, regional, and national bands.
6. It’s well-run, and easy to navigate, thanks to the always hardworking Norman Arts Council.
7. It’s the only chance I’ve ever had to see The Dirty Projectors (OK, that’s kinda tied to No. 5, but whatever).
8. It’s a community-run, community-supported and otherwise community-dependent event that shows off our state’s most talented people! So enter your band in this year’s Open Call
!Photo: Brine Webb performs at the Blackwatch Stage at NMF 4.